Sunday, March 22, 2009

California Trip-Part 3

Well hello to blogger land. My life has been in a literal whirlwind lately. . school activities, pregnancy, extra-curricular activities, being a mommy, spring break, and well life! I am so sorry I have not updated in a while, but I wanted to try and finish documenting our fun trip last month before I forgot all about it.

After a few days in Beverly Hills, we decided to head west to the Pacific Ocean and spend a day in Santa Monica. We first hit the pier. . you know the one, for those of you that may watch Private Practice, it is constantly shown in scenes on the show. The Santa Monica Pier has been made famous in many other Hollywood movies as well. It has that old, California, rustic, entertainment feel to it. There is even a mini amusement park right out on the pier as well as your normal bait shops for fishermen of every kind. The walk up to the counter Pizza Hut didn't seem that appetizing though after walking out to the end of the pier and seeing the fishermen fish for their daily bait. . yuck. Plus, we knew we had a fabulous lunch ahead at The Lobster.


A view of the Pier, (outfit 1: see below!)

These were my favorite shots J captured of The Pier!:








The Lobster sits at the very top of the pier with fabulous views of the Pacific Ocean. (this restaurant is also in a scene in Ocean's Eleven) I enjoyed yummy clam chowder, while J had huge, soft scallops.

A view of our lunch spot, The Lobster, I still don't know why we didn't go for it and get an actual Lobster!

After a delicious pick me up and lunch we headed for a stroll into town and walked through the Promenade. This is an entire pedestrian only street with every shop from every American shopping mall you can think of. After a few purchases in Old Navy, (the only one with Maternity clothes) I even changed clothes as the day turned into a warm 74 degrees. This was the sunny, southern California experience we were hoping for. After strolling through the shops, we headed back to our jeep with a yummy Dark Chocolate crepe on our bellies. We decided to head up the Pacific Coast Highway towards Malibu.

A few shots from our drive up to Malibu, and our fabulous jeep, thanks to Casey and Paul!



Dipping our feet in the Pacific! (outfit 2: it got very hot!)


The views were absolutely breathtaking and I noticed we didn't even say much on the drive, we just noticed the beautiful rocks, the ocean, the mountains, and all the LUXURY cars! After finding ice cream in Malibu, we headed back to our hotel for a rest before dinner that night at THE IVY!

Note: I realize it appears I went to California by myself, somehow J did not end up in many pictures! I promise he was there with me. Smile

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Looks like you guys had a great time together. And you look great! Love the clothes! :)