Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday S!


Oh the joys that our birthdays bring us!! S turned 9 today, I screamed on the way to church when it hit me, "she is halfway to 18". Yikes!! That ones hit me in the gut. Hard. BUT what a precious joy she is to me and has been for 9 sweet years. S is my angel, rule following, perfectionist, over-achiever, dancing ballerina, and my gift from God. Her name actually means princess. . . as she will remind me of often. And oh how she is. She is actually our first child even though she is right in the middle of 11 kids, she was born to us first.

What happened to my sweet little angel? She's just a big angel now!

Oh the joy of candid moments!


Tonight over dinner with the family, we all told stories of the day she was born, and memories of her being so tiny. Now she is celebrating the fact that she got an ipod shuffle for her birthday as well as a Nintendo DS. What is all that stuff and what happened to my little angel? ( I am just kidding, I know what all of that is, as my checkbook just took a dent from birthday gifts!) But in all reality, I can't believe she is growing so fast. My dad even said at dinner, "the next 9 years will go even faster, so hold on."

Here are a few moments from the last few months:

Enjoying the beach last month, S has always LOVED the ocean and water.


S finally confronting her fears of the bike without training wheels, of course still at age 8!



S's first season as a cheerleader. Go Cowboys!


Lord, may I treasure each day with her as a gift from you and never take them for granted. Thank you for such a blessing in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday S! I can't believe you are 9! I will never forget the first time I met you and held you. You were such a sweet baby and had beautiful eyes. I also remember your diaper exploding at an Italian restaurant and your parents couldn't figure out why you were so fussy. Then we saw the mess. :) We left with our food to go. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into what parenting was like early on.

Fran said...

What a beautiful daughter!! She is just so precious and believe it or not I can see that through your pictures.

Hope she had a fabulous day!
Hugs and blessings,
Fran