Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Makes all Things New!

Over the past 36 hrs, I have been through the ringer. A stomach bug descended upon Ann Claire and myself. . I thought I was going to die. It was really bad there for a bit, I knew I was approaching dehydration and was so weak I couldn't peel myself off of the bathroom floor. Sweet J took the household over in a mighty force and would crack open the bedroom door to push through sprite, a heating pad, and to periodically check on me. Hysterical to see his face covered with his shirt, I knew he really must love me. This week we have faced many other hardships, so to spend a day watching the snow fall, cover the ground with white, see my kids faces light up at the sight of it, and to see their joy in playing in it. . it made all things feel new!

To our surprise when we awoken this morning school had been cancelled due to impending snow. . we would have to wait and see if it would come? Around lunch the snow started and the kids squealed with delight! "It's snowing, it's snowing!" and "It's sticking, it's sticking!" (every good southerner knows, it's not official until it STICKS) Around 2 they headed out with many breaks in between for hot chocolate and a good warm up by the fire inside. They all had a blast, and even Big T and B headed out to make the cutest snowwoman I have ever seen!

Meet Geraldine! (of course her snowwoman accessories are pink and chocolate!)

The rest of the gang thought they would get in on the snow person action!







All in all, it was a day to remember, the final measurement was around 2.5 inches! That's a lot for us!

These are some shots taken this morning at sunrise! Thank you Lord for your beautiful creation! Several from my front porch and kitchen window! What a sight!




4 comments:

dancing queen said...

I am so glad it snowed!!!:):):)

Donna said...

Fun!!...looks a little like here in Ohio with more like two feet!!

Emmy said...

It is beautiful!!!!

I am in Nashville I am SO bummed I missed it!

Glad you are feeling better!

elizabeth said...

That stinks that you and AC got sick. We passed it through all of us here at our house a few weeks ago. YOU have a lot more persons to go through than me. Bless your heart. Glad you at least got to watch your kids enjoy the beautiful snow we had!