Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Year Older?

Well, Happy Birthday to me!! I can't believe a year has come and gone so fast. 36 years young!! I still feel like a mere 25. My sweet hubby has planned a night of celebration tonight with the entire family at a local restaurant. No clean up, no mess!! I can't wait. But for today, I am headed out for a day of errands with NO KIDS!! Maybe even lunch wherever I want to eat!! Can't wait.

I am not one of these people that gets sappy and sad they are getting older. I am totally okay with getting older and wiser. So happy to admit I need a Savior and each year that I can grow closer to Him in His wisdom and knowledge, I will happily embrace.

I also love the fact that I share my birthday with the Summer Solstice. It's the longest day of daylight in the year. Just that much longer to enjoy the beauty of MY DAY!! :)

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday W! Hope your day is wonderful!

Mom of Eleven said...

E,
Aww thanks, miss you!
w

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday Wendy!!!!! I am so thankful you were born... and that God gave me the gift of knowing you! You are so awesome! I want to take you to lunch! I miss you! : )

Mom of Eleven said...

E,
Miss you too!!! Let's get together soon!!
w

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Miss seeing you!!!

Joni said...

Happy birthday, sweet friend! Looking forward to our celebration tomorrow night!

Joni

Leanne said...

Hello!!

First off, Happy Birthday!

I found your blog through Lots of Scotts. I was initially curious because we too have a big family and I'm always ready to meet moms of lots!!!!

I really like your blog! It's fresh and wise and Godly and I loved when you said, in your "about me", how you love learning about other women and how they learn and grow. I love that too! I'm always looking to glean grains of wisdom from Titus 2 women.

I hope you can someday find the time to visit me on my blog!

You can find me at
www.mysupplications.blogspot.com