Monday, May 18, 2009

Packed my bag today!

I often LOVE travel. It seems each time I come home from a little getaway, I put away my "Elizabeth" Vera Bradley bag (yes, I still have an old pattern from the 90s), I think to myself, I wonder when I can get away again. Our job is designed in that because of state licensing laws we are required to take away one weekend a month. Usually that means just time away for J and I personally or mini outings for the day. . . .rarely it is an actual trip away. This spring however we traveled of course to California, then took the kids to Gatlinburg, and I had a mini-trip to Birmingham to visit with college friends. It was nice to get away and travel. I absolutely love traveling. I promise I have a point.

Today, however, I pulled that bag back out, cleaned out the leftover contents, ponytail holders, old shampoo bottles, etc. and packed it neatly for my next trip which will be to the hospital!!! I neatly selected several gowns for Ann Claire to wear while we are there and a few for myself. I also washed and hung her "coming home" outfit.

I am only in my 35th week, but little M. E. surprised us all when she arrived at 35 weeks and S and J both came at 37 weeks to the day (even weighed the same amount and on the same day of the week!) So. . . after having several more Braxton Hicks contractions last night at a meeting for our school's campaign drive, I decided I had better have a bag packed just in case. I guess this time my travel will only be across town to hospital, but maybe 2 nights in a quiet hospital room won't be so bad. I did find it interesting when I pre-registered at the hospital that the fee for my "room" is $500 a night. Whew, I don't even think the Ritz is that much. It better be quiet in there, AND since Ann Claire is my 4th, she is sleeping in the nursery with the nurses at night, and I DON'T feel guilty. I of course will keep everyone posted on the big event. This week I must concentrate on the kids' final exams, the last week of school, and M's graduation from high school. LOTS to do, but at least my bag is packed!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Good for you! I LOVE her name, and will be praying for you this week as you continue to go about all the tasks in front of you while awaiting Ann Claire's arrival.

Considering she is your fourth, you can never be too prepared, so I am thrilled that you've got a little nugget of peace in having that bag packed already.

Excited for you and praying diligently for all to go smoothly!! Will be eagerly anticipating photos of your new sweetie.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
twinkle said...

Beautiful post. You sound like you are floating through these days of excitement. This little bitty one has a lot of travel under her belt already! Woodstock. California. Gatlinburg. Alabama. And I'm wondering if she was there in San Antonio for the Siesta Fiesta?!

Get as much rest as possible and let them pamper you at that hospital. Crushed ice! Heat lamps! Everything your little heart can imagine...$500 a night is a lot...

elizabeth said...

Nope the hospital doesn't quite have all the perks like the Ritz, but it will help bring a precious new baby into your life and that's enough to help you forget the hard bed and nurses coming in at all times of the night! I am excited for the arrival of AC and I will pray for a quick and easy delivery. (BTW, Deidre had her baby boy last Thursday. Your turn now!) I'm anxiously awaiting the news that she is here.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Hi there! This is my 1st visit to your blog, but I'm a Georgia mom as well, so I stopped by to say hello! And wow, and exciting time to "meet" you with little Ann Claire soon to make her arrival. Congratulations, & you'll be in my prayers. ♥

Grace said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures. Praying that all goes well and that you make it through this week. ;o)

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe it is time already!!! Praying for ya'll!!