Monday, November 19, 2007

I am Thankful For:

-a free country
-a home
-a family
-many precious friends
-a church family and a wonderful church to worship in
-my Bible Study groups
-11 children
-my husband
-a wonderful christian school for my children to attend
-lots of yard space to run around in!!
-food (how blessed I am, when we need groceries, I just get it, so many go without DAILY)
-Jesus Christ and His gift to us
-my relationship with God-He is my sustainer and provider daily
-for the daily struggles that constantly bring me back to HIM!!!

I am slowly learning that a heart of gratefulness helps the daily journey so much more than the complaining. Why is it we must remind ourselves of this daily? Thanksgiving helps us stop the madness and look around at what we really have that so many others do not. A heart of thanksgiving should come at all times. We are reminded in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". That's it, pure trust in God's will and thanking Him for EVERYTHING. That's not that easy on a daily basis, but so much easier once we surrender it all to Him and thank him for what he's given us. Thanking Him is part of the understanding process, it changes our heart and our attitude in the process.

Take a moment today to thank God for everything, even the junk, you'll notice a change in your attitude, trust me I know!!!

No comments: