Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Day, New month, New Post, New Life

I am very excited today as I write, and I can't explain why. It is Sunday and I loved worship today in church, that has to be why!!! I just noticed I hit New Post on my blog page and this is my first entry this month. It's the first day of the week and I have been in God's house!!! I love, love my church family and we are on the dawn of hearing the announcement of our new Senior Pastor (is to be next Sunday after church) It will be new era in the life of our church and I am so fired up about it.

What is it about newness? The concept got me thinking. J and I went on a date last night, and as I was looking through my closet I wanted to find that special something to wear (we have not been on a "date" since our anniversary in July). I really wanted to look and feel special. I thought to myself, "oh yeah, what about that fun, new jacket I bought on sale a couple of weeks ago". I pulled it out, slipped it on and felt, well, NEW. It feels so good and special to wear something saved for a special occasion and something that is new. What is that feeling and why do we as humans crave it? New house, New car, new babies, new clothes, new whatever? It's always something we crave and want isn't it?

I believe we are designed to want that, but really it is the Lord we are craving. HE makes all things new!!! There are 38 references to NEW in my concordance, but this is my favorite. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2Corinthians 5:17

Doesn't that just speak life into your soul? We get to be new every single day.
Dear Lord, help me remember that each and every day. I don't need anyTHING to feel new, you have already done that for me. Thank you for making us new in YOU, the old has gone the NEW has come.

1 comment:

Gus said...

love this bethany dillon song
What is this sun that conquers mountains
Singing over what has been asleep?
What is it that softens all my doubting?
It's you

Morning brings a hunger for new eyes
That have been covered by the hurt of yesterday
Who could create in me the vision of a little child?
It's you

You take an ordinary day
And turn it into flowers like the month of May
Yes you do
You see all my pain
You cry over it for hours till I'm new again
Yes you do

When I have been a victim of familiarity
When my heart has fallen into sleep
Healing is the voice that awakens me
And it is you

You take an ordinary day
And turn it into flowers like the month of May
Yes you do
You see all my pain
You cry over it for hours till I'm new again
Yes you do

You, you make me new...