Well, summer is officially here and we made it through our first week! (only 11 more to go until school starts back) But really, I have to admit sleeping in late, no schedules, no activities, lots of swimming, popsicles, movies, and just hanging out has been great so far. Our family sticks to such a tight schedule that a week to just go with the flow has been awesome. We are rarely spontaneous and it feels good to do that for a little while. We have even decided to drop things and head to the lake for a few days with some family friends. Life is Good!
Here are some highlights from our week:
1. Several of my girls have devised a business plan to form a Lemonade/Sweet Tea/Cookie stand to earn money as once we started attending the "pool" again and they realized mom and dad were not going to pass out money each time for Baby Bottle pops and Gum tape.
2. J is learning to swim independently already. ME has almost made it the length of the pool as the new lifeguards have a rule, "no one in the deep end until you swim the entire length without touching the bottom."
3. I managed to get a new summer hairdo and highlights. Whew, it feels good to be blonder.
4. Lots of movies.. . . I usually don't let everyone just sit and veg quite so much, but it has been nice to do it myself.
5. Since we have stayed up later, we sleep later. . . J even slept until 10 AM one morning. Praise the Lord. It is nice to have a quiet house in the morning, drink my coffee, blog a little, have a quiet time, and get our day going without the chaos of 11 kiddos begging for cereal at once.
6. A rainy day meant a day at a new facility that includes 15 inflatables. The kids even did the velcro wall. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera.
7. A grocery bill of almost $600 this week, as the kids are now home full time. Lots of snacks, dinners, lunches, and drinks. (plus, we were unusally OUT of everything as the end of school drained our pantry and fridge and mom didn't have much time to grocery shop)