Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Will you choose to be a Blessing?

This past Labor Day on my trip to the beach with college friends, I had a discussion with my friend Jenni. We were talking about how God has blessed us and provided so much for us. She enlightened me on a definition, a different definition of blessing I had never thought of, and that is that we are a blessing for God. In other words, we choose rather or not we will bless God by serving Him. Just think about that for a minute.

I came across a new singer that is on tour with Casting Crowns this fall. His name is John Waller, and as a teenager he actually attended the Camp that is a part of the organization we work for. I have his song on my ipod, and yesterday as I was working out listening to it, it hit me that's what Jenni was talking about. I got it. Here are the words, and (you can find it at itunes!!)

This song sums up what I want my ministry for God to be!!!
The Blessing!!
Let it be said of us, while we walked among the living, let it be said of us, by the ones we leave behind, let it be said of us, that we lived to be a blessing for LIFE.

Let it be said of us, that we gave to reach the dying, let it be said of us, by the fruit we leave behind, let it be said of us, that our legacy is blessing for LIFE.

This day. . . you set life, you set death right before us
This day. . . every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be a blessing for LIFE.

Let it be said of us, that our hearts belong to Jesus, let it be said of us, that we spoke the words of LIFE, let it be said of us, that our heritage is blessing for LIFE.

This day. . . you set life , you set death right before us
This day. . . every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be blessing for LIFE.

Blessings and curses are choices. Will we build up or tear down? The moment of truth is now.

This day. . . you set life, you set death right before us
This day. . every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be a blessing for LIFE

For your kingdom, for our children, for the sake of every nation
We will choose to be a blessing for LIFE.


Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Romans 12:14

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. Deuteronomy 30:19

Today. . . each day. . . what will we choose Life or Death, blessings or curses?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love it! By the way, you ARE a blessing! :-)

jenn adams said...

I love the way you wrote that!