Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Random Thoughts

As I have gone about my day today, I have come to the realization that I blog all day long in my head. It seems as if some days my thoughts are as I am writing all of this down as if to remember it. So I wanted to jot down some random thoughts I have been having today before I forget them all.

1. As I sat for TWO and a half hours at the orthodontist today waiting on 3, I started talking with a man. As we went through our conversation, he said, "You have 3 in here?" "yes, I sure do", I said, then he said, "Well, you can just take mine along with you." (of course joking). So I just had to say, "well, I already have 11, so I think I am good on kids." The shock and horror that came to his face was unexplainable. It hit me, this is not normal to people when I tell them we have 11 children. I have become so immune to our day to day routine, the exact science we live by, and all the structure, that this just works for me, it's well, normal. We have been doing this 5 1/2 years now and it is just our life these days. I think he was still getting past paying for braces for the 3 sitting with me, much less the ones on my teeth, that he didn't even know what to say about 11. I realized, oh, I am not really a normal mom. God is so good to literally keep my body moving at times, it is through him I function, live, and breathe. He keeps MY normal, normal.

2. I am saddened by the death of a lady in our church, friends that are hurting, and even issues with our own teenage girls. Life is just hard, but I was inspired yesterday by Beth Moore's post on her blog titled Just Dreaming? She basically discussed the question are we sleepwalking through life or really living life to the fullest in our calling? It got me thinking, about a lot of things, so read it if you have time.

Okay, that's all for today

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What is the address for Beth Moore's blog?